CLOSED Sunday10:00 am - 6:00 pm Monday10:00 am - 7:00 pm Tuesday10:00 am - 7:00 pm Wednesday10:00 am - 7:00 pm Thursday1:00 pm - 6:00 pm Friday10:00 am - 6:00 pm Saturday
- NEW – Chinese Culture Class – Mondays from 2:00 to 3:00 p.m.
- Story Time - Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Toddler Lego Time – Tuesdays from 12:00 to 1:00 p.m.
- Tween Tuesday - Ages 9 to 12 - Tuesdays from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m.
- Teen Hangout - Ages 13 to 17 - Thursdays from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m.
- Learning with LEGOs for all ages - Fridays from 4:00 to 5:30 p.m.
- Movie Matinees – Fridays and Saturdays from 3:00 to 5:00 p.m.
- GED class – Mondays from 4:00 to 5:45 p.m.
- English as a Second Language (ESL) - Tuesdays from 2:00 to 3:30 p.m.
- Citizenship Class – Tuesdays from 5:00 to 6:00 p.m.
- Basic Computer Classes - Wednesdays from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. and Thursdays from 10:00 to 11:00 a.m.
- Crochet & Knitting Group
- Open to beginners and advanced alike! Bring your yarn, needles, and patterns - Saturdays from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Cook the Book Club
- A book club for cookbooks! Members have a monthly pot luck with recipes from a featured cookbook. Sign up at our front desk!
Cook the Book
A book club for cookbooks! Members have a monthly pot luck with recipes from a featured cookbook. Sign up at our front desk!
As part of the new Cielo Vista Branch Library, artist Patricia “Sabina” Muñoz was commissioned to help integrate public art elements into the project. Continuum is a 10 foot tall free-standing sculpture finished in warm colored Venetian glass tile. The pattern of the glass layout creates both texture and activity.
Continuum is an exploration of a unique aesthetic formula developed by artist Patricia “Sabina” Munoz. With an interest in Native Cultures, Philosophy, The Natural World, and Mosaic Techniques Sabina drew specific inspiration from the Sun. As a metaphor for the light of knowledge, Continuum’s circular form suggests movement, symbolizing and emphasizing the continuous desire to learn, which like the light of the Sun, is an ongoing and never-ending process. Such a process is further observed and enriched by the daily activities which will now take place in the adjacent library. Constant, vital, dynamic, and creative, Continuum will forever reflect knowledge, inspiration, and the vital source of energy life depends on, which ultimately gives our desert its distinct personality.
Friends of the LibraryThe Friends of the José Cisneros Cielo Vista Branch Library have TWO Bookstores:
Their main bookstore is located at 3025 McRae. Hours are: Wednesday 10 am - 3 pm
Thursday 10 am - 3 pm
Saturday 10 am - 4 pm
There is a second bookstore located inside of the library, open during normal library hours.
Donations are only accepted at the McRae bookstore, thank you.
Please call the Friends of the Library at 915-779-6916 with any questions or to volunteer!