Passport Services are suspended in an abundance of caution over COVID-19 concerns.
The Dorris Van Doren, Esperanza Acosta Moreno, and the Richard Burges branch libraries are official Passport Acceptance Facilities for the U.S. Department of State.
They offer passport processing and photo services 5 days a week, including Saturdays (see schedule below), from opening until 4:30 PM. No appointment necessary.
The offices will accept all necessary documents and forward those to the US Department of State for processing. The process for obtaining a US Passport usually takes 4 to 6 weeks.
What you will need:
- A completed (unsigned) passport application filled out in black ink. Forms are available on the US State Department website www.travel.state.gov or at the participating branches.
- Proof of U.S. citizenship.
- Valid, government-issued photo identification
- One passport photo (photo service available onsite for a fee)
- Call the branch nearest you to make sure you have all the documentation necessary
- Dorris Van Doren, (915) 212-0440
- Esperanza Acosta Moreno, (915) 212-0442
- Richard Burges, (915) 212-0317
- Due to processing times, no customers are accepted after 4:30 PM.
- Local Fees (Payable to the City of El Paso. Cash, check or money order only. No credit/debit cards accepted.)
$35 Execution Fee
$10 Photo Fee (optional: you may supply your own current photo)
- Application Fee (payable to US State Department. Check or money order only)
Visit www.travel.state.gov for complete fee details
- Mon CLOSED
- Tue 10 am - 4:30pm
- Wed 10 am - 4:30pm
- Thu 10 am - 4:30pm
- Fri 1pm - 4:30pm
- Sat 10 am - 4:30pm
Please note that the processing time for each applicant may vary from 15 minutes to 45 minutes per applicant due to circumstances beyond our control. Thank you for your patience and consideration.