The El Paso Public Libraries and the Great Khalid Foundation are teaming up to host an essay contest in honor of Father’s Day.
The contest is free and open to those ages 5 to 18. The contest asks youth to write about their father or paternal figure in their life. Father figures can be uncles, grandfathers, older brothers or others who have served as a fatherly influence.
- Writer's must be 5 - 18 years of age
- Entry form information must be complete
- Essays must be your own original work (plagiarized essays will be disqualified)
- Handwritten essays should not exceed 2 pages
- Entries will not be returned
- All entries become property of El Paso Public library and the Great Khalid Foundation
- Deadline to submit entries is June 9, 2023 by 6 PM
- Entries may be submitted online, in person at any public library branch, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org